Francine Caitlyn Chye
a.k.a. Hurricaine Fran
a.k.a. Fran the PCD
a.k.a. the happy bunny :D
<3
040889 (August baby!)
Crescent, ACJC, hocker
xoxo
If it's meant to be, it'll be(:
"And sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together"
don't think, just run
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
YESTERDAY
AFTER NOT TRAINING FOR A WEEK, i was so eager and ready to finally train again. OMG I WANTED TO RUN AND SCORE AND PLAY HOCKEY I WAS SO EXCITED! The whole training was awesome and ended way too soon :( i still had a lot of pent up energy i think, haha. But it was good to prepare us for the match today. So i went home bouncing (it's the happy bounce) after training, getting more and more excited about today's match against CJ. THE START OF A NEW SEASON, A NEW TEAM, A NEW YEAR. The season kinda marks the beginning of my year, all that matters (for now, anyway)
So i bounced home, i bounced while i ate (that was hard), i bounced in the shower, when i was changing and talking to Nick ( :D he made me feel like bouncing more) and calling some of the girls. But i knew i couldn;t think of hockey before i slept, otherwise i'd get to excited and into it that i wouldnt sleep, so i made EXTRA EFFORT not to think about hockey!
INSTEAD, and i think it was as a result of trying so hard, I DREAMT OF HOCKEY. NOT ONLY HOCKEY, but today's CJ match. IT WAS A GOOD DREAM. We played well, with many of the goals by dragged pass the keeper into the goal and a few rebound ones. WE WON 7-0! IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME. (((:
TODAY
IT WAS EXCITING! THE START OF THE SEASON. I can still remember what last season felt like, being with The Miracle Team (i'm determined to win back this year what we should have had last year for the '06ers), what it felt like to be the baby of the team. It's really different being captain, but it pays off (: I just want to say how thankful i am to have every one of you in the team. We've got an awesome team that hasn't given the captains much/any trouble, and no serious trouble at all. And more than that, every single one of you has worked your butt off and WANTS IT, whether it be for personal reasons, but i know everyone is willing to work for this team. And i'm lovin' it, truly (: I'm so proud to be the captain of our team(((:
OKAY so I happily told everyone about my dream, hockers (and some non-hockers haha) and everyone was excited! We were all super revved up to play today, an excellent start to the season. I must say we've been blessed with a good draw and today, excellent weather (Mr. Sun was absent and Mr. Rain waited. Long long :D) Thanks to CF maybe, haha (: Had some problems with the bus driver initially, but luckily that didn't affect anyone's play! EXCELLENT. And i left my shoebags in school! But thanks to my wonderful boyfriend who brought them over, my chiba pros are still safe and sound (:
OKAY SO ANYWAY, the match started off a bit shaky on our side for the first 10mins or so, but after Shiyan scored out FIRST GOAL, our confidence escalated and we managed to play really well as a team. Another one from Shiyan, our SECOND GOAL came soon after, and everyone on our side of the fence (the other side was CJ, CJ and, well, CJ) were going crazy, including us! Dawn pushed me up to right wing (i hadnt played right wing since sec4) and Baey to centre and Debbie to right and some time in the first half. We got lots of short corners! But contrary to popular belief, I REALLY DIDN'T PUSH THE BALLS INTO DEFENDERS LEGS ON PURPOSE! THEY WERE IN MY WAY! Okay so OH YEAH! I SCORED THE THIRD GOAL!!! SHORT CORNER DIRECT SHOT! OMG! IT WENT IN! Which was nice (: yes yay :D I felt happy (and nick caught it before he went off :D) Then the whistle blew and our first half ended.
Second half started shaky again, the first 5 mins at least, but we soon got straight back into it. I scored a goal! I dribbled the keeper YAY SEE after not dragging past the keeper and losing the ball in the first half i needed to do it in the second AND I SCORED THE FOURTH GOAL! It was a freaking nice feeling. I thik scoring is a freaking nice thing to do. Haha. AO scored our FIFTH GOAL, after saying HUH? NO NO I DON'T WANT IT! AHAHAHA HER FIRST GOAL AND SHE WAS VERY EXCITED. Very AO. -grin. Krys was having a tough time today, but it's okay, we all have off days. Usually she encourages everyone, so it was nice seeing everyone encourage her today. BUT SHE GOT HER GOAL! And very good, she deserved it (((: SHE WANTED IT! So that was our SIXTH GOAL! THEN. THEN. SHIYAN SCORED OUR SEVENTH GOAL! At that point of time, we were going crazy cos my dream CAME TRUE!!! BUT WE WANTED ONE MORE STILL. BUTBUTBUT, just when we said WE'LL GO FOR ANOTHER ONE! The final whistle blew.
AC vs CJ FINAL SCORE
7-0
I tell you arh, God wants to make me a prophet i think. Prophet Francine. Can prophets still get married? I hope so!
YES SO, YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH? DREAMS DO COME TRUE! (literally!) It was awesome. So happy, so proud (((: i'm bouncing again (: Good game, girls. Let's do it all like this k? Cos winning feels damn good.
"I don't want us to be the team that HAD potential. I want to be the team that showed everyone that we DID IT."
YAH MAN.
Francine's life is all about hockey. (And Nick ;) )
Francine likes it that way(:
p.s. THERE WERE MANY THINGS THAT THE TEAM SAW 7 OR 7/0 IN TODAY AFTER OR BEFORE THE MATCH.
-Bev got carded (first time for our team - thanks Bev for giving me time to tie my laces!) Her jersey no. is 7.
-Yest CJ boys played and the score was 7-0
-it's the 17th today
-it's 2007!
-Meng Kai Sammie and I took bus 67
-We then had to pay $2.80 each for satay. Divide it by 4 you get.. 70cents
Just to name a few. Bet Meng has tonnes more on her blog!
We were so into it, in the cab on the way home, we tried to manipulate the cab number to make it 7 related. I think we were pushing it. Hahahahahaha
ex-oh, ex-oh
2:26 AM